Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Perspective
























A friend from the local flying club has passed away today. She was in her 40's and was just diagnosed with breast cancer this past summer. She had been the head of a volunteer organization and gave up her time and energy to help with so many organizations including the flying club. She remained unbelievably positive and cheery right to the end, something I can't even attain in everyday life.


The world has lost a great person today but with all things sad there is always a ray of hope to be had. The influence that a person has on others when they face an uphill battle with such a positive attitude and determination is amazing. I look back and read my previous post with its negative sentiment and lack of respect for another's point of view and think of this person facing certain death with the complete opposite attitude (allows you to see what is important). Really makes you put things in order when you are constantly brought back to the fact we aren't here long and we must make the best of it.

There is the saying that you can't control a situation, you can only control your reaction to it.

I used to think of death as such a lonely place whenever I would get to it but last night as I was walking I passed by the funeral home just down the street, I realized there isn't anything more connecting us in the world then the fact we are all gonna die (life being the other big one but when your always moving forward through life you take it for granted).

We will miss you, but like I just said we will see ya one day on the other side, please put in a good word for me :)

I end with this passage from Isaiah 40:31 (King James Version)

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.



No comments: